Responsible Gambling of Joo Casino
Before you log in to Joocasino it is important to familiarize yourself with our fair gaming policies, as well as the steps we've taken to ensure a responsible and safe playing environment for you.
•Full Transparency for Fair Gaming
•No Under-Age Gambling
•Staying in Control
•Identifying the Signs of a Gambling Addiction
Full transparency for fair gaming
Joocasino has a solid reputation both within the gaming industry and amongst our players for providing full transparency. This means that you will always have access to your game and financial history, including each wager you've placed, the time and date it was placed, winnings, and game results. All financial transactions are also a part of your detailed financial history with us at Joocasino.
License and regulation by the MGA
We operate under a license issued by the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), including a binding contract to uphold their regulations. Deviating from the MGA-approved and permitted manner of business would result in the immediate annulment of our license. These regulations ensure that all our related online gaming activities meet four basic principles:
•License holders, their associates and key personnel meet corporate and personal standards of integrity, and are suitable to operate.
•The software, which determines the odds for games, meets internationally recognized standards of fair gaming.
•Casino operators' systems are not used for criminal activity.
•Players receive fair treatment, and winnings are paid out in accordance with the interactive gaming and wagering regulations.
Gaming Laboratories International
Additionally, all of our games are independently tested by GLI – Gaming Laboratories International. GLI is a large and well-respected firm that carries out independent tests on the fairness and accuracy of casino games. We are proud to display the GLI payout calculation on all of our pages.
Note: all our gaming software is written by PlayTech, the leading software provider in the gaming industry. Therefore, the GLI payout calculation letters feature PlayTech's name. As a PlayTech client, we use their software without alteration and therefore display this logo and the compliance letter that it links to.
No under-age gambling
Gambling under the age of 18 is illegal in all international jurisdictions and is strictly prohibited in our Terms and Conditions (see Section 3 – Legal Requirements).
Parental Precaution: Please note that while we have taken the utmost precaution to block minors from accessing our platform, it is impossible for us to catch every single instance of unsupervised under-age activity. As such, we encourage parents to prevent their children from using their account by installing ‘site-filter' programs such as NetNanny.
Staying in control
To ensure that your gambling experience remains positive and entertaining, we advise that you adhere to the following guidelines:
•Decide how much you're willing to lose before you begin playing, and never go over that amount.
•Do not borrow money to gamble.
•Choose a time limit, and stick to it.
•Take frequent breaks.
•Engage in other activities for fun, besides gambling.
•Never gamble when you're worried, stressed or depressed.
•Only use money that you've set aside specifically for recreational purposes.
For more information about gambling responsibly, please visit the Gamble Aware website.
Identifying the signs of a gambling addiction
Responsible gambling means setting and sticking to self-imposed limits on the amount of time and money you spend at the virtual tables. Habitual deviation from these self-imposed limits could indicate an addiction. If you suspect that you have a gambling addiction, please answer the questions in the following questionnaire.
1. Have you ever missed school or work because of gambling?
2. Has your home life been negatively affected by your gambling?
3. Has your reputation been affected by gambling?
4. Have you ever tried to solve financial problems or pay off debts by gambling?
5. When you lose, do you feel a strong urge to keep playing in order to win back your losses?
6. When you win, do you feel a strong urge to keep playing in order to win more?
7. Have you repeatedly gambled your money away (down to the last dollar)?
8. Have you ever financed your gambling by borrowing money?
9. Have you ever financed your gambling by selling something?
10. Have you ever stopped yourself from using "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
11. Have you ever gambled at the expense of your family's welfare?
12. Have you ever gambled for longer than planned?
13. Have you ever thought about/committed an illegal act to fund your gambling?
14. Have you had difficulty sleeping as a result of your gambling?
15. When frustrated, do you have an urge to gamble?
16. When you want to celebrate good fortune, does gambling sound like a good way to do so?
17. Have you ever felt regret after gambling?
18. Have you ever experienced a decrease in efficiency or ambition as a resulting of your gambling?
19. Have you ever gambled in an attempt to avoid everyday worries and/or troubles?
20. Has gambling ever caused you to consider suicide?
According to Gamblers Anonymous, answering "yes" to seven or more questions indicates the possibility of a gambling addiction, and in such cases we strongly advise that you seek professional assistance.